Friday, March 6, 2009

...what a pain...


Greetings. We avoided buses today by taking our usual walk in the park and were greeted by two ladies with dog biscuits in pocket. That made for very happy trekkers. It is already 41 degrees here in Chester County, PA and the birds are singing more than usual. They can feel it too. My dental appointment is today and the timing is great as I feel a little ache and took some aspirin last night. I keep aspirin available and have now learned to read the label carefully. Some aspirin contains large amounts of caffeine...not the thing one needs at 3 in the morning. Yikes. May as well get up at that point, which I did.
I wonder what people did to alleviate pain on March 5th 1899? I ask this because on this day in 1899 Bayer registered aspirin as a trademark. A man in Arizona called yesterday to inquire about my 'Wispy Twig Frame Berry Mirror' and no, the berries are not fresh. Where's that bottle of aspirin? I also completed my Federal Tax forms which is somewhat time consuming but not really hard at all. With all of the programs, Quicken and my type-a way of doing paperwork in a timely fashion, along with the on-line forms available it is really simply a matter of filling in the information that is already there. Speaking of information that is available, two people misused this information and paid for it with their lives. I am referring to Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, who's trial for espionage began on this day in 1951. The information involved the Atom Bomb and they were friendly with Russia. 'Nuff said? Or you can always Google them. I am hoping that my ' Country Sunflower Needlepoint Rug', my 'Tropical Fish Hand painted Towels' and other Springtime accessories arrive today. I am just in the mood! There is an exciting and eye opening seminar coming up and it involves using art to alleviate depression. I will have more on this event in the next few days. Today's photo is of my 'Under The Sea Coral Beach Fabric'. I sent out a sample of the Beach House Seashell Fabric Blue to a corporate designer in Colorado yesterday. She will be happy when she learns that this fabric is tested for `15, ooo double rubs using the Wyzenbeek method. I will reduce the type now in case you don't care what the Wyzenbeek Method is. Oscillatory Cylinder (Wyzenbeek)The ASTM D4157-02 is a test of the American Society of Testing and Materials. A Wyzenbeek machine is used for this test allowing samples of the test fabric to be pulled tight in a frame and held stationary. Individual test specimens cut from the warp and weft direction are then rubbed back and forth using an ACT approved #10 cotton duck fabric* as the abradant. The number of double rub cycles achieved before two yarn breaks occur or noticeable wear is observed is recorded as the fabric s abrasion rating. Have a great day and if something or someone 'rubs' you the wrong way, remember Bayer.
"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." Lance Armstrong