Wednesday, March 11, 2009

...ashes to ashes...


Hello. It is overcast and grey in Chester County this morning. With my dark coat and hooded black sweatshirt on, as I walked the dogs I may have appeared to be the Grim reaper. Sorry folks! What a way to start your day. Today is the day that if memos of wall papers have not arrived at KM's front door I will disassemble wall paper books and mail her sample pages. I hate to break up my samples, but we do what we have to do. Some people consider the lower end wall paper business to be dead. I don't carry the low end but my wall paper business continues to be strong. That is as long as the client can actually get samples of it! Ashes to ashes...not my wall paper business. On this day in 1997 the ashes of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry were launched into space. Another comment on death but not a human death. Today in 1974 the Record Rhino Store actually gave people 5 cents to take home Danny Bonaduce's solo album. Bonaduce did admit that his vocals could barely be heard on the album and that most of the singing was provided by Bruce Roberts. The album was apparently so awful that the aforementioned record store paid people to take home Bonaduce's album. Ouch. I received my accessory order yesterday which included the 'Cottage Console Table', the 'Al Fresco Bird Table, Chairs and Tray Table', needlepoint area rugs and some hand painted Tropical Fish Guest Towels. I am still unpacking and doing some minor assembly. If today remains grey and rainy it will be the perfect day to stay indoors and get this stuff finished. Today's photo is of 'Boat Flags Upholstery Fabric White' also available in a few other colorways.
Have a great day.
"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." Kurt Cobain