Wednesday, March 25, 2009

...safe and sound...


Greetings. I am late today in writing my blog as many demands fell upon me early and continued! Yesterday's deliveries went great and every piece looked as good in it's new setting as I had imagined. I now have to make huge paper templates for custom sized area rugs for a Kitchen, Living Room, Dining Room and Sun room. 'Beach House Diamond' is going in the Sun room for sure with a Sage Green binding but I have to play with other samples to see what calls to me for the other three spaces. People are a little slow on the draw this week, and although I am thankfully busy and some are not, I still need to progress. I will light a few more fires to speed things up but not the kind of fire that caused the death of many garment workers in New York City on this day in 1911. It happened at the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory but even in the darkest times, some good came of it. That fire led to legislation requiring improved factory safety standards and helped spur the growth of the Garment Worker's Union. The shop looks a little empty today after that delivery. I was getting used to stepping over things. I think it is time to order more things! Have a great day. Today's photo is of my new 'Box Style Lantern' available in both blue and citron green.

"History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies." Alexis de Tocqueville