Tuesday, March 3, 2009

...editing...


Greetings! It is a snow covered morning in Chester County, PA and looks beautiful. It is downright frigid out but temperatures will be rising as the week progresses. I heard some statistics last evening regarding Internet sales of 'adult-oriented' items and felt a bit low after hearing them. My website is good but some of those adult sites are raking in millions. I guess that I could turn ...all through the house, inc. into another kind of 'house' but I think not. On a similar subject...on this day in 1873 the U.S. Congress enacted the Comstock Law, making it illegal to send any "obscene, lewd, or lascivious" books through the mail. In other words, censorship of sorts. The following day a man by the name of Braun Papier began to make his fortunes by manufacturing his moniker for mailing purposes. (this may or may not have happened). Percy is still in ICU so please keep your positive thoughts coming. The boys are in full force this morning as salt throwers, etc. are outside and it gives them something to bark at. I wonder what they do when I am not at home. Another interesting item was founded on this day, but in 1879. The United States Geological Survey was created, probably to count just how many people walk this earth with rocks in their head. One phoned early this morning. I really need to remember to turn off the 'ringer' when I go to sleep. Ironically today but in 1885 the American Telephoneand Telegraph Company was incorporated in New York. I still cannot figure out if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Kidding. I think. One of these days I will write a blog about boundaries. The upholsterer is stopping in this morning to pick up my template and a blue and cream toile fabric for a windowseat. It is a trapeziod shape and once made will provide a great place to perch. It is time for me to head to my shop and see what the day has in store for me. I wish everyone a happy, positive day with only good people surrounding you. Today's photo is of a Beach House fabric that I call 'Green on Brown Ferns'.
'You create your opportunities by asking for them.' Shakti Gawain