Friday, March 27, 2009

...fly away...


Greetings. It is sunny in Chester County, PA today and promises to be warm. 60 degrees warm. Friends just informed me that they will attend a wedding in Italy this May and the plane fare is quite reasonable. What would we do without airplanes! I remember one flight when my nieces were tots and we were stuck in Texas for hours. Well, maybe a couple but it seemed like hours. We were not allowed to leave the plane. Finally my one niece said to the flight attendant, 'the least you could do is bring me some ice'...It must be genetic. On this day in 1970 the Concorde made its first supersonic flight. Fly Away! I never had the pleasure of being a passenger but my college 'friend' sure did and took it every school break. Today I bring the huge paper templates to a client's home to adjust if necessary and order a few custom area rugs. One will be a Wilton of 100% wool but the other three will be variations on a theme. I will use broadloom in slightly different heights and textures to create mostly floral and bordered designs. The floor plan is somewhat open so each room must play off of the other while keeping it's own identity. If I just sounded like an adult in a 'Charlie Brown' cartoon, don't worry about it. Tonight I will probably pick up my nephew and hang with him for the weekend. I always enjoy that. Birds fly away also, but perhaps a few of my 'Lighthouse-styled Bird Feeders' will keep them around. Have a great day and since it's Friday, if you get an offer to fly away...do it!
"Let him that would move the world first move himself." Socrates