Friday, March 13, 2009

...pie...


Hello. Chester County is cold this morning but it can only be a matter of time until the warm weather comes to stay. I celebrate the change in seasons in this area of the world but many prefer constants ie warmth all of the time. Maybe there is a symbol for that. Today, being 3-14 is celebrated as Pi Day because the 3.14 is the equivalent of 'π'.
The first Pi Day celebration was held at the San Francisco Exploratorium in 1988, with staff and public marching around one of its circular spaces, and then consuming fruit pies. The museum has since added pizza pies to its Pi Day menu. The founder of Pi Day was Larry Shaw, a now retired physicist at the Exploratorium who still helps out with the celebrations. Sounds like a fun guy to me. Yesterday was spent reupholstering the tops of two footstools among other things. It took about 3.14 hours to accomplish this feat! I consult with MW after shop hours today and love this person. She is smart, tasteful and direct. Oh, what marvelous qualities! I need to be around more people like her. Last evening I aided EA with Quick Books and then we had dinner and it was a beautiful evening. I am off to walk the dogs now and wish everyone a great day. Tomorrow is a Birthday party. Yippee. I hope they have pie! Blue Bargello is bright and available on my site.
"I think; therefore I am." Rene Descartes