Thursday, March 19, 2009

...longevity...


Hello. We are back from our morning walk and the bird singing is in full force. They continue to withstand the seasons here in Chester County, PA and so shall we. Longevity. I love it. I guess that longevity can be considered relative. I have been in the same industry doing the same thing for two decades and think that is long, but others may disagree. What we can agree on is that on this day in 1915 Pluto was photographed for the first time. I posted what I believe to be that same picture, the one where he is wearing a Kelly green collar and proudly displaying a bone but...hold on, uhm what? Oh. On this day in 1915 Pluto, the round thing in the sky was photographed for the first time but was not recognized as a planet. It was then recognized as a planet and then it was no longer recognized as a planet. Did you follow all of that? Me either. Pluto is no longer considered a planet but it's still a round thing in the sky and that, my friends is longevity. Green collar or not. I am delivering a few custom area rugs and wall paper this morning and then meeting the upholsterer at a client's home to receive two Wing Chairs and then I plan on installing about 11 Custom Window Treatments. I also have to re-measure for some custom grill work as each panel runs about 5oo bucks and they must be exactly the correct dimensions. There isn't even an eighth of an inch margin of error. Well worth it but I don't need any extras lying around. They would be around forever and that kind of longevity I can do without. Have a great day.
"Longevity conquers scandal every time." Shelby Foote