Thursday, March 26, 2009

...eradicate...


Greetings! It is overcast and misty today in Chester County, PA. Yesterday at the shop was phone day and all three kept going and going and going. That's fine as I was still able to make my paper area rug templates. One room calls for a large circle so I taped old stock wall paper together and then made a compass out of string, a large straight pin and a colored pencil. Voila! The round rug is ready to be taken to the client's home tomorrow. Seeing is believing, besides the kitchen is not a simple room. It has many angles and protrusions so a circle makes sense design wise and a template is necessary due to all of the constraints. Time well spent I must say. Time not well spent was the time it took me to measure an entire home for wall-to-wall carpeting and the installer tasted sour grapes as they aren't doing much in carpeting these days. My punishment was for them not to ever get back to me with a quote for my client. Eradicate the poop heads! Luckily I had a plan 'B' as I always do and even tho' it took me more time than it should have, I got my end result. The silly installers lost out on a considerably large job and I still can't figure out who would turn that kind of work down. Anyway, back to good. The Chinois wall paper is due in 2-3 weeks from now and Schumacher will be well represented. I promise to take photos of this job but things are still in an upheaval until the movers have finished their second delivery. Jonas Salk made quite a delivery on this day in 1953 and also did much to eradicate poop heads also. He announced his polio vaccine and taken in combination with an oral vaccine has all but eradicated this virus from most countries in the world, reducing the worldwide incidence from an estimated 350,000 cases in 1988 to just over 1300 cases in 2007. There are some amazing people who walk and have walked this earth. Isn't it great? I have to get ready for the shop and may ignore the ringing phones today. Is that a good idea? Have a great day. Today's photo is a 'Boy and Girl' playing and is part of my 'Garden Design' web section.

"Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom." Hannah Arendt