Saturday, March 7, 2009

...all in the game...


Hello. It is sunny and warm in Chester County, PA this fine morning. We began our day outside early and expect that most others in this area will be outside also. SW from Kravet Fabrics stopped in to my shop to update me on fabrics and it was nice to catch up with him. BB came in also to choose a sofa fabric and no kooks bothered me. The dentist was also a fine time. Everyone in that office is great. It is called Malvern Dental if anyone is in this area and needs a recommendation. This day is so beautiful and I can't imagine anyone choosing to stay inside to play a game even tho' on this day in 1933, "Monopoly" was invented. My nephew loves this game, and at age 5 does quite well. We played it at the beach last Summer and probably will again this Summer. I have shop hours today but would rather work on my deck furniture. It needs a little freshening and obviously it's time to start thinking about outside entertaining. It is also 'time' to Spring forward, at least here in PA. Try to remember to turn your clocks ahead by one hour before falling off to sleep tonight. I am finally satisfied with the Chippendale leg footstools that I am 'vintaging' to coordinate with four different fabrics I am using in an enclosed porch. Once mahogany, they now have the subtle shadings of fern leaves. Ta da! Once they move in to their new home, that porch will give plenty of comfort and beauty and I am not referring to simply what I have done. They have a gorgeous view with not another home or building in sight. There they can sit on a cold evening, play Monopoly and hold hands. It's all in the game. Have a great day. Today's photo is of 'Ketchup and Mustard Chateau Clocks'.
'We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time.' Vince Lombardi