Saturday, January 31, 2009

...stick it...


Good day! I am late at writing this blog. The phone keeps ringing and I haven't had one boring call that would allow me to say 'uh huh', 'I hear you' or other meaningless blurbs while I really don't listen and write away. Kidding. I was taping the boxes for the Ceramic Tassels, Acorn Needlepoint Pillow and 'Blue Crab Needlepoint Pillow' to go UPS to three different states and am thankful for good tape. As a matter of fact, I went through a lot of tape as many of us did right around the middle of December and again late last night when I had to double bag and solidly tape fragile products in preparation for more shipping. As far back as 1930, on this day as a matter of fact the company 3M began marketing Scotch Tape. Work this week has been great and I am very thankful, especially when a 'blast from the past' who tended to tell tall tales and dangerous, frivolous ones at that requested my help in designing her kitchen and family room. Karma is a great thing. I was quick to tell her to go elsewhere. I have an appointment after shop hours today and another one tomorrow and plan on doing nothing on Monday morning until I work again later in the day. Around Fridays busy scheduling gets to me as it probably does others, so I have come up with one more way of using scotch tape...to hold open one's eyelids. I was going to invite my nephew over for the weekend but have too much to do and I really regret not being able to extend the invite. Hopefully next weekend will work out. Have a great day.

'You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in.' Arlo Guthrie