Friday, January 30, 2009

...I Wanna Hold Your Hand...


Greetings and salutations from Chester County, PA. It wasn't too cold for a decently long walk this morning to invigorate and prep for the day ahead. Last night was a somewhat late one but much was accomplished. I also learned the reason for my car registration and title being delayed and it is a curious thing. For literally months I have had an almost full time job trying to get my new registration and vehicle title. I went to a notary, paid the feels and dotted every 'i'. The paperwork was 'lost'. Things happen. I was issued another temporary document. Three months later the documents were still not at my door. They were 'lost' again. Hmmm. After a few visits, another waiting period and non returned phone calls I contacted Penn Dot who kindly told me that I had to go through the notary. Ok, Ok. I tried again. Then I got smart. Yesterday State Troopers entered the notary, confiscated all documentation and computers and an investigation will ensue. Oddly, my paperwork was received from messenger to the notary...yesterday. Ugh. Can someone tell me where square one is please? What a last hurrah. And speaking of such, on this day in 1969 The Beatles' held their last public performance, on the roof of Apple Records in London. The impromptu concert was broken up by the police. Mild mannered and everything else, what a totally dissatisfying 'goodbye'. Please know that I am not complaining. Re-doing documentation is not a death sentence or horrible in any way. I am simply stating that...with everything people have to do these days, all of the responsibilities and stresses, why do we have to deal with people who keep monies to take a cruise while others are left to fight the system when it is no fault of theirs? Oh, yeah. That's how I started this blog. Things happen. I still ask that if anyone out there has an extra second, to please say a prayer for 'R' at the notary as she is probably in some deep uhm 'things' and could use some divine intervention. We still know to do what is right even in adversity, am I correct on this? I thought so. Pierre Deux Fabrics came in handy yesterday and I am thankful that Kravet Couture carries this impressive line. I have a new client tomorrow after shop hours and it should be a fun time. They need wallpaper and some window treatments and I will oblige. Off subject but on this day in 2003 Belgium became the second country in the world to legally recognise same sex marriage. This happened 46 years after Martin Luther King Jr's home was bombed in retaliation for the Montgomery Bus Boycott. We are all equal. One day it will be recognized. Have a great day everyone. When the going gets tough, I hope that everyone who reads this has a hand to hold.

'Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.' Dale Carnegie