Monday, January 5, 2009

...a thousand words...





Greetings! It is rather warm and a bit overcast in Chester County, PA today. The park was busier than usual as was traffic and I can see that people are back to their usual patterns after the holidays. Today's photo is from a client who purchased some accessories from me. This client also stopped into my shop with a Holiday ornament for me that matches perfectly my aqua and cream color theme. I posted a photo for you a few blogs back of my tree with said ornament and am still touched that some people are so thoughtful. Pictures are worth at least a thousand words, but I will try to keep it to under 500 here for your reading (and boredom) limitations. Interestingly, on this day in 1896 an Austrian newspaper reported that Wilhelm Roentgen had discovered a type of radiation later known as X-rays. Talk about a thousand words! X-rays are measured in nanometers. I am guessing that on the old show 'Mork and Mindy' that's where nanu nanu was derived, but I could be wrong. Cradle of Filth covered the theme song and I have linked it for your listening pleasure. Yesterday was so productive downstairs that I sort of lost track of time. Luckily the animals brought me back to reality at suppertime and everything got handled but not without a little bit of 'tude. I received the most beautiful card this morning in the mail with a great photo. It is from the Mazzoni Center and it was thanking me for my contribution in their annual toy drive. There are so many centers in need of financial aid that it is sometimes hard to choose as I am not (yet) a billionaire. This organization doesn't forget about the children with HIV and they ( hint, hint) accept donations year 'round. The photo on the thank you card had a bunch of beaming faces smiling back at me. Yesterday as I was working an astute and humane gal phoned me to locate a no kill animal rescue and I thought that I would post some information on here today just in case someone out there has that need. Glance at the pictures on this site and try your best not to adopt any of them. Good luck with that! I need to run to the gym now and get those endorphins going. I still have bed hair and am hoping that no photogs are about. Getting a pic of this mug at this hour is not worth a thousand words...well, not any nice ones.Yikes. and LOL. Have a great day and do yourselves a favor and mentally picture this: Expect the best, Live in Abundance and Know that something great is going to happen.

"Entertainment is in art like color in pictures." Martin Kippenberger

Footnote: I never give out people's personal info on my blog unless they agree to it and it is a positive thing. I do need to tell you that today's topic is 'pictures' and I just checked my website for orders and one order is from a person in Illinois with an email address of (and I changed it a bit but you will get the gist...) Photonut. Isn't the Universe a kewl thing???