Sunday, January 18, 2009

...radio waves...


Greetings. Let me turn down the radio. There, better. It is a snow covered morning here in Chester County, PA. Light snow, but just enough to give a canvas to the paws, (birds, dogs, cats, squirrels, deer and I believe a fox) but cannot be certain. I seem to be the only one up around here and that is fine with me. I have electronic company also if need be. As I catch glimpses of the Inaugural train progression that hearkens back to Abraham Lincoln I found that on this day in 1903 then President Theodore Roosevelt sent a radio message to King Edward VII which was the first transatlantic radio transmission originating in the United States. How cool. I then immediately thought of Carpenters 'Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft' a song way ahead of it's time and then recalled Roger Waters album 'Radio KAOS', KAOS being the clever call letters. Carpenters had the idea first and used this theme for one track only; Waters built an entire album around the premise. YouTube 'Calling Occupants' by Carpenters if you have the time. It is quite the production. What the heck. Here is the link. 'We Are Your Friends'. It is absolutely sublime and out of the box. I choose to think that extraterrestrials are attractive visually, not monster-like. We shall see if I am right. The thermal lined clients called yesterday at 9:05 am and I am happy to report that the installation went very well. B would be very proud and now has one less thing to think about. The room actually got more quiet but that can happen when 54 yards of fabric are added to a space, half of it being extremely thick. I have been administering cough syrup to two of my housemates these past two days and hope that the coughs disappear. I have been taking it easy on them with normal walks, not those two mile power walks. Have I used forms of the word (2) enough? Geez. Hi S. I too gave into peer pressure and added myself to Facebook. Not really pressure tho'. It seems ok for now even though I cannot see how people have a lot of time to spend on that site. But what do I know ? I still listen to the radio all day at work, always in my Truck, (unless I am playing a CD or my IPOD) and always at home(again, unless CD or IPOD). I now have to find end tables and aqua and brown lamps but will save that task for tomorrow or Tuesday. My nephew is coming over today and I will need to have my wits about me. He is intelligent, polite and will be ready for many different activities...but none of those tasks will include looking for Home Fashions. Have a great day. Radio Waves and I wave back. Thank you!
'Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.' Martin Luther King, Jr.