Wednesday, January 7, 2009

...a phone call away...


Greetings and please hold for the next available service agent! Kidding. This is an Internet blog, not a phone line. But these days I sometimes feel more connected using this form of communication than I do the telephone. That changes from day to day for me as it probably does for you also and I see no time soon where we will not need phone communications...even when repeated calls to certain industries lead to an answering machine. My phone rang bright and early this morning but it was a number that I had placed on my 'Do Not Call' list, so it should have gone the way that unwanted emails go...directly to 'junk'. Alexander Graham Bell would be thrilled to see what his invention has done to history as the first Internet connections required phone lines anyway. And on this day in 1927 the first transatlantic telephone call (from New York City to London) was made. 65 years later the video telephone was introduced. Make-up, hairspray and tanning gel sales may or may not have escalated on this day also. Yesterday morning was spent tracking down vehicle registration information that should have taken minutes, but we all know how some things go. It is important not to lose our cool as quite often, as things are out of our control, they are also out of others control. Try to rise above even if your mouth wants to say words that begin with 'a' or 'f' as it usually doesn't do much to help the situation. For some reason I dug deeper with this person and we more than resolved the issue. I arrived home not as late as usual last night to a phone call from this person who had heeded my advise and from the sounds of her office the place was filled with assistance for her and her long standing enterprise. I fell asleep feeling great. Once things are back on 'track' there I will give the phone number on here to help in any way that I can to boost her business. Hopefully she will need a 'Hot line' soon. Last evening the sleet fell and this morning ice covers much of my neck of the woods. I made several calls and even though it will turn to rain soon I wanted folks to know what was what. The birds and squirrels outside hung out by my deck waiting for breakfast. I am about the only one who has feeders out and I do believe that they count on me for some of their diet. The after Holiday loss of color is not at all evident outside my door as Cardinals along with other colored varieties of birds converge within sight. If any of you need an injection of color now that decorations have been removed, think about bird feeders or simply hitting 'Home Decor' on my site and choose a few items to boost your visuals. It is simple to order online, but if you have any hesitation...pick up the phone and call me. Have a great day.