Friday, January 2, 2009

...speed...


Greetings and please remember to date things 2009 for the next several months, almost 12! I hope that everyone awoke on January 1st feeling relaxed, invigorated and ready to start a new year. If not, aspirin and a few hours of quiet are also nice. My high speed internet has been down at home for the past week and I hope they get it repaired soon. I was told another 48 hours and thats totally do-able. I can almost remember when I had dial-up and don't know how I survived the slow speed. I can barely withstand the slow speed driving to my Aunts and down to Virginia when it is under 65 mph when in a vehicle. The brilliant and underrated Richard Nixon signed a bill on this day in 1974 lowering the maximum U.S. speed limit to 55 mph in order to conserve gas during an OPEC embargo. I'm sure that was a resounding success. I took down all ornaments yesterday and am already counting the days until next year when they can go up again. I absolutely love the Holidays even though they can be somewhat of a blur regarding all of the tasks that need to be performed. I shop throughout the year, keep everything labeled and wrapped decoration-wise and am rarely at a loss when the time does come around again. I tend to be speedy due to business which is necessary but after so many years of handling it all, it is down to a science. I have to improve my party attendance record though, as I was unable to attend a few and wish that I could have. Hey clone scientists, speed up that process, at least for the Holidays, ok! Speaking of speedy, Brigham Young must have been speedy in at least one department and that is not always a good thing! On this day in 1872 he was arrested on charges of bigamy for having 25 wives. That's a whole lot of nice Holiday presents right there!!! I may have to play plumber later today as friends in Naples need some help in their well. Oh, well. Hope I can figure it out and do it in a flash! Today's photo is of a new arrival. It is an Estate Tray and is quite good looking. Have a great day, a great 2009 and let's keep together. And not to speed the year away, but does anyone know how many days until Christmas?