Sunday, February 1, 2009

...home of the brave...


Hello! It is warmer and sunny here in Chester County, PA today. We had the park to ourselves again as, I guess, people are either at church or sleeping in. Hey, it's a free country! Yesterday at the shop was somewhat interesting as I solved a handful of challenges and left feeling good. It took bravery on my part and I think being brave tends to grow with age. My after the shop client was wonderful and we have two wallpapers and two fabric possibilities in the running for the kitchen redecoration. One is a Schumacher and the other a Norwall. They are totally different from one another and I always like to open a client's eyes to something that they would never have thought of.* Talk about brave. One selection is a bottle green and poppy paisley and it's WOW. *Please forgive my ending a sentence with a preposition. I will go back next Saturday after they have had a week's time to absorb the choices in daylight, evening light and nighttime shadow casting. Hmmm. Sounds like the title of an Andy Gibb song. But I digress. I also think that it was time for me to fly (Journey) as one of the clients announced 'I need a drink'! (Courtney Love) and I can certainly take a hint...and if I had a dollar for every time I heard that statement after someone has spent time with me, well, anyway...Congratulations are in order for P,H R, S and PB. I thought it took a long time to get a vehicle registration and title but geez. Friday, the last day of January 2009 P became an official US citizen. They exhibited bravery, perseverance in the face of adversity and kept chugging along. That is why I am having a Bentley customized in Red, White and Blue and delivered to their home. (this may or may not be true) with all radio stations constantly playing 'The National Anthem'. Interestingly, as P is from Australia, on this day in 1989 the Australian towns of Kalgoorlie and Boulder amalgamated to form the city of Kalgoorlie-Boulder. Tomorrow is Groundhog Day so we will scientifically know how much longer winter will last. Today is Super Bowl Sunday so I hope that everyone who is into it has a great time and enjoys the game no matter who wins. I have to hit the gym and grocery shop and have a strong feeling that both venues will be void of humans. Have a great day. Be strong and brave. Maybe not as brave as the four young men who staged the first of the Greensboro sit-ins at a lunch counter in North Carolina on this day in 1960, but be brave neverthe less. Thankfully some trails have already been blazed.
'The opposite of bravery is not cowardice but conformity.' Robert Anthony