Tuesday, January 13, 2009

...since the beginning of time...


Good day! People's lips were a-flutter after Saturday evenings party and I really wanted no part of it. I don't like to be around negativity and I sometimes think that it manifests itself in both small and large gatherings. I hate to say that I think it is part of human nature;if that is so then I'm not human, but...from someones outfit to the hairstyle to their job, ugh. Let's talk about ideas people, or religion, or politics. Oh, uhm. Maybe not that either in polite conversation. It's never gossip time (picture shown link) if the conversation in any way disparages someone. Lets at least talk about the weather then and the (then) Full Wolf Moon. Today the full moon is no longer full so maybe people will calm down. I sure hope so, but by history's lessons that may not be what's in store. Let's not go as far as BC today but as far back as 1605 Emile Zola's J'accuse which was an anti-Scottish comedy, caused Jonson and Chapman (the writers) to be arrested for a time, which of course made their play one of the most famous dramatic scandals of its era. Maybe that's where Britney Spears got her paparazzi stunts! They say that there is no such thing as bad publicity...and then in 1898 Émile François Zola, a french writer from the literary school of naturalism's' J'accuse was TMZ in that it exposed the Dreyfus affair, the political scandal of its time. Anyway, I try to steer clear of gossip and even had to tell some bloke to stop videotaping me and a group of people with his cell phone. He said that he did it all of the time and downloads onto YouTube regularly. I told him that unless he knew of a very talented proctologist, to knock it off and he did. I'm a nobody in the public scene. I cannot imagine being any type of celebrity these days, especially if I were having a bad hair day or blowing my nose. Enough of that. I just got another new grouping of catalogs so methinks that I will be updating a good part of my website this week. Even in this somewhat tough economy I am happy to see people decorating, purchasing home accessories, installing new carpet and adding a touch of color and texture to fight the greying exteriors who seem to already be waiting for Spring. Hold on a second please. Someone is crouching in the shrubbery. (This may or not really be happening) 'Hey, you! Put down that camera'...'or at least wait until I strike a good pose.' Have a great day. And please keep in mind that once words leave your lips they cannot be rewound. That goes also for the written word. Emails, blogs, handwritten letter, etc. If you wouldn't want it printed on the front page of the New York Times, think twice and write once, 'cause you should hear how she talks about you!