Saturday, January 3, 2009

... bridge over troubled waters...


Greetings! I am again on phone hold with my high speed Internet provider regarding a problem that apparently doesn't exist. I have been trying to fix this issue for a week now. I did get a supervisor who finally let me know that there was indeed a problem, which is supposedly now fixed. I am at my shop and am referring to the separate high speed Internet account that I have at home so have to wait now and hope that when I return home I don't have to invest another several hours trying to communicate with (Bahrain) Georgia. Differences in dialect tend to pose a problem; a different set of ears would be a nice bridge in alleviating that type of communication difficulty.Once in contact with a supervisor, he was well spoken and polite even with my ahem insistence in remedying this matter in an efficient way. He was trying to tell both myself and my neighbor, (she was on my cell line) that there was no problem (yikes) and if that is the case I have a bridge to sell you! Thankfully it isn't this day in 1870 because on this day construction of the Brooklyn Bridge first began. Think of how many years people couldn't use that clever phrase. Update! My neighbor just called. We have HSI at home. I can look forward to resetting passwords etc. when I return home later today. Someone just bought the Hanging Metal Cutwork Lantern from my websites 'Lighting' section. I have sold this only twice before so it's not like it has become common. We don't like common unless we are using our math skills i.e. common denominator. Much math was required when planning the Brooklyn Bridge and it is constantly being used in my profession also. [slamming segue] Jennifer Warnes is one of my top two favorite vocalists of all time as you all know by now. She got together with Lennie Cohen and produced a track entitled 'Joan of Arc' that is a must-have for any audiophile. On this day in 1431 she was handed over to the Bishop Pierre Cauchon. (Joan of Arc, NOT Miss Jennifer Warnes). She claimed divine guidance throughout her short life (burned at the stake at age 19) and I totally believe in this also. The divine guidance part. For example, just this morning my friend called me from Naples by the pool to chat a bit since it was me who was at her outside well early this morning helping to fix a water dilemma. She needed a plumping pump piece, (how is my alliteration) a rare one at that and lo and behold an acquaintance had that specific piece in his truck! What are the odds? Please. The universe responded to her need and it happens a whole lot from what I can tell. I am joining a dear friend for dinner this evening and we will go out for a nice change of pace. We have both been so darned busy (and who isn't) that a few hours out will be a wonderful break. By the way, I was in the company of a few small children recently and delicately corrected them. Joan of Arc was not Noah's wife. Sometimes names get confused. We have now covered arks, plumbing and bridges. I could say something tedious and dramatic to add teardrops to this blog but that would seem a bit contrived, eh? We don't want to stoop to that level (get it). Save the waterworks people. That goes for bridges, arks, plumbing and saline tears. Have a great day, keep dry unless you are in a pool, stay away from open flames unless you are barbecuing, build bridges rather than tearing them down and if you see a large floating vessel with twins hopping aboard, well, then definitely bring on the waterworks.