Thursday, January 8, 2009

...I'm Not Lisa...


Greetings. The icy wind is howling out a name but it isn't Lisa. Well, maybe it is. I can't tell because I still have my knit hat with ear covers on from our early morning walk. My neighbor W is having her other rotator worked on so I am watching over her brood for a few days and haven't given myself much visual scrutiny. I have though, been running animals around and they seem to be fine with the change in schedule. Walking the park in my black sweats and questionably attractive hat in the wee hours of the morning may make me seem a bit enigmatic to those up at that hour but not to fret. There is no mystery here folks! I just don't happen to be a slave to fashion when marching around the nature path with several leashes in hand(s). But geez, if you want to see a picture of enigmatic, quite possibly a painting of oil on poplar wood may fit that bill and should be shown next to that definition. I am referring to The Portrait of Lisa Gherardini painted in the 16th century by Leonardo DiCaprio...no wait! Da Vinci of course which is more popularly known as the Mona Lisa. He created this masterpiece during the Italian Renaissance. The painting is a half-length portrait and depicts a woman whose expression is often described as enigmatic. Mona's ambiguous expression, the hugeness of the half-figure composition, and the subtle modeling of forms and atmospheric feel were just a few of the qualities that have contributed to the painting's continuing fascination. Not many other works of art have been subject to as much scrutiny, study, mythologizing and parody as this one. This painting wasn't a hit right out of the box and not very well known even until the mid-19th century when artists of the new Symbolist movement began to appreciate it. Mona Lisa captured their idea of the 'feminine mystique' which tends to change from decade to decade. Mona Lisa was first shown on this day in 1962 in the United States at the National Gallery Of Art in Washington, D.C. I have done my share of painting, both walls and woodwork but have yet to be contacted for a gallery showing. I received my accessory order yesterday and all came in in great condition. People will be happy. A large piece of Abstract Art arrived and is now on it's way to a very nice gal in Tomball, Texas. I hope she has a great 2009. Sometimes folks from somewhat far away seem like friends to me with this web business and it makes me feel lucky. Wilderness Dawn Abstract Painting is en route to her via UPS and should start her New year off right. Enigmatic in its own way, eh? Have a great day. I am off to work .Keep your eye on art, no matter what form it takes. It makes life so much prettier.
"I choose a block of marble and chop off whatever I don't need." Auguste Rodin