Sunday, January 4, 2009

...nice call...


Good day everyone! I am writing from home and yes I have High Speed Internet again from this account. Yippee. Yesterday's Internet supervisor was on the mark and it was a nice phone call as well as a successful one. Just be straight with me and I mean that in a good way! It is a clear, cold Sunday morning and we took a walk in the park, washed the truck and visited a local Baptist Church to get the day going. I will be productive today, working in my basement. Last night's dinner at Caruso's was more than decent and I wish the new server much luck. We stopped at Amelia's grocery Store on the way home to grab a couple of weeks worth of Boo Koo and Tattoo energy drinks. Breakfast of Champions, I must agree. Thomas Edison is a genius and that we can all agree on, but sometimes good people do crappy things even if they think it necessary at the time. In my opinion this was not a nice call as on this day in 1903 he filmed the electrocution of an elephant named Topsy. This animal was domesticated and performed at Coney Island and reportedly killed three men in three years. One of those men was his trainer who was an abusive SOB who tried to feed Topsy a lit cigarette. I think, instead of electrocuting Topsy, they should have filmed the trainer eating lit cigarettes and then spanking his cruel bottom for the film going world to see. Then give it a rating of R which back then could have stood for Ridicule. Just an idea. Here in Chester County, PA there seem to be a couple of flu's going around and I wonder just how these strains keep adjusting and morphing into stronger ones. Survival of the fittest???Yikes. I sure hope that doesn't mean viruses will be the last man/woman standing. I will get off that topic and think nice thoughts now. Sunshine, lollipops, roses, custom drapery and prosperity and great health for all! Anyway, back to nice calls. Elvis Presley recorded a ten minute demo on this day in 1954 and that was one of the nicest calls in recording history. Wouldn't it be great to be able to change the course of music? We sometimes never know what differences we make in the world or with people both near and far so let's all keep our noses clean, attempt patience and kindness and do not feed lit cigarettes to animals. Today's photo is of my new blue and brown tote bags made of synthetics so they are easily wipeable and can be used for groceries, the beach and keeping that cute little terrier hidden when hopping on trains, planes and into Aunt Hilda's roadster. Like William Christopher Handy said: Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't get anything out of it. I hope you get a rise out of the last link. It is one of my favorite songs of all time. Have a great day.