Wednesday, January 28, 2009

...snowfall...


Hello. As predicted, we received snow here in Chester County, PA last night but it wasn't a huge snowfall. People were up and about this morning with little to no trouble but the grassy areas still look 'winterized'. I was up late enough to watch the snow for a while, the flakes looking minuscule as they fell to the ground. I have heard that the smaller the flake the larger the accumulation but I won't swear to that under oath. Some say that bigger is better. The people of Fort Keogh, Montana would be the ones to know as on this day in 1887, during a snowstorm the world's largest snowflakes were reported, being 15 inches (38 cm) wide and 8 inches (20 cm) thick. Can you imagine seeing something like that heading downward towards your head? Yikes. I tried to find a picture or two so that we could (laugh) at the sight, but everyone in Fort Keogh must have been so shocked at the sight of those huge flakes that no one remembered to download and photo shop after the storm. Isn't nature amazing? Since snow is the topic of the day, you may find this interesting also. I use the word 'also' assuming that you found the large snowflake tidbit interesting...Anyway, on this day in 1934 the first ski tow in the United States began operation in Vermont. A ski tow is a rope or ropes that the skier holds onto to pull him/her uphill. Perhaps Obama can get some metaphorical economy tows to pull us up and then we can all slalom, ( to zig zag between obstacles). My accessory order arrived yesterday, delivered by FedEx. Everything looks great and I then printed off some UPS labels and individually sent items to various parts of the US. One customer, a man in Illinois purchased the Snowman Three Tiered Tray and I thought it very cool as he is probably prepping for next Holiday Season already, as am I. I have three gifts downstairs already but I am not saying what they are or who they are for. The metal hanging cut work lantern is on it's way also as is the Abstract Art for the amazingly kind and patient woman in Texas. UPS came through as the frame was damaged and not a more polite or seemingly caring bunch of UPS employees would I possibly be able to find. Whether they truly care or are simply respecting the client really doesn't matter to me. UPS as well as FedEx are a class act. The three Fabricut fabrics came in yesterday also and will make a nice pair of trimmed side panels when all is said and done. I am in the mood to Toboggan at Valley Forge today but that may not be in the cards for me since I am not, uhm, seven years old. Have a great day. 'Beach House Blue Toile Fabric' shown.
'Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.' Frank Lloyd Wright