Saturday, January 24, 2009

...gold...


Greetings. It is still not bitter here in Chester County, PA and yesterday area car washes were packed. My shop is located next to one, so I speak with conviction. That type of business is predicated on weather; somewhat ironically the bad weather caused the vehicles to be filthy and the warmer weather brought so many to the car wash. It must have felt like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow to car wash owners in the area or at least they felt like James W. Marshall, who, on this day in 1848 found gold at Sutter's Mill near Sacramento, California. I will wash my truck on my way into the shop this morning if crowds allow for it. I got a lot of my tax work finished yesterday and thank God for the Internet and the ability to file and fill forms in this manner. (alliteration day) After shop hours I have a client who needs a sofa, chair and carpeting. I have worked with her in the past and she is very nice. I usually get nice people and have no explanation for that. I'll just accept it and feel great about it. Last time I worked with them they were dealing with a serious health issue but one would never have guessed. Their attitudes were marvelous and certainly didn't give away any indication that things weren't all hunky dory. But isn't that life? It is rare when absolutely everything goes exactly the way that we want it to. Many think...'if I can just get through this I will be fine'. And then usually something else pops up. Maybe life isn't just getting through the storms, but as a great book says, 'learning to dance in the rain'. Or 'Dancing In The Streets'. This video clip is Carpenters when Karen was 17. She is the cute chick on the drums. If you are having a stormy day check out this video. You cannot help but smile. I have to run. Have a great day. Find your pot of gold today, or if noting else...dance in the rain. Or the shower. Today's photo is of the 'Mademoiselle Mirror'. Take a good look. I hope you love what you see in the reflection. Karen didn't but most certainly should have.
'It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.' Marilyn Monroe