Sunday, January 25, 2009

...longevity...


Hello. The park was ours today and it was beautiful. I was in 2-wheel drive while the rest were in 4WD so I had to be a little more careful on the ice. We then washed the salt off of the truck to reveal it's original Black color. Yesterday went very nicely. A stopped in and brought me a mouse and pad for my laptop (thoughtful) and then MW came in and we finished her Master Bathroom selections, choosing taupe, french vanilla and touches of poppy red. I like longevity in my design plans and never choose things that will be out of style. Classic and long term is my idea of good design. I know, I know...you are saying that 'if he designed in a trendy fashion people would have to re-do every year'. My reply is ''yuck'. A sweater can be trendy (but usually not even that). An entire room should stand the test of time. Case closed. After I closed my shop I went to a client who is 83 years old and is redoing her family room. We chose a tan carpet to go with tan and brick red upholstered pieces so that the room will be warm, inviting and practical. Take off your shoes tho'. That lady packs a mean punch. Her daughter is a blast too. I can see why they have so many friends. Those people are so positive in their outlooks that they are like magnets and it is so refreshing to be around them. They have friends dating back 35 years, from Kindergarten if I am recalling correctly. If not them, then certainly someone who I was with yesterday. It may have been A, the mouse and pad gal. That's longevity. So is The Guiding Light soap opera. Am I allowed to call it that? It debuted on NBC radio from Chicago on this day in 1937 and in 1952 moved to CBS television. Still airing, it's the longest running US broadcast program. Accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy, Michael Jackson settles a civil lawsuit out of court. Michael Jackson has had one of the longest careers in pop music as no one can argue and it one of the most successful in pop music history. On this day in 1993 he won huge at the American Music Awards and then on this day the next year after being accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy, settled a civil lawsuit out of court. I am off to the gym now to help along my longevity and then will have dinner with a dear friend. Have a great day. Shown is my 'Discus Table Lamp'.
'I'm just one of the lucky people. I have no other reason for my longevity.' Johnny Mathis