Friday, January 9, 2009

...freezes over...



Hello. I called my friend W who is out of her rotator operation and should be home at some point today. If she needs a shoulder to lean on, I am here for her. I was restless at 2 am and should have known that in two days there will be a Full Moon. I always feel it but sometimes forget to check the schedule. Indeed, on January 11th we will experience the Full Wolf Moon.In the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages. That's how they got the name for January's full Moon. Sometimes it was also referred to as the Old Moon, or the Moon After Yule. Some called it the Full Snow Moon, but most tribes use that name for the next Full Moon that occurs in February. I think I used thew word 'howl' in yesterday's blog also. Rarely do I use it so two days in a row is odd. Or is it? Philip0460 rocks. The air here in Chester County, PA is crisp and cold and the skies are clear and sunny. I spend the better part of yesterday searching for red and bottle green fabrics, studying a new Kravet drapery weight fabric book with a great and necessary Summerhouse theme, pushed a vacuum and organized accessories. There was a sprinkling of snow flurries late in the day and an acquaintance asked me about Tuscon, Arizona which covered two extremes pretty much. He is thinking of moving there and my advice was to visit the area a few times in different times of the year. I have heard that the job market is good there for some reason and I do love warm weather. Hmmm.... maybe that kind of move is a good idea! ...nah. Not right now anyway. Besides, that comment wasn't about me, it was about someone else. Back to snow. Near Arizona, as well all know lies Mexico. On this day in 1968 the only known snowfall ever there occured; additional snow fell on January 11th and 12th. I wonder if they also had the Full Wolf Moon during that snow storm. That would have been some crazy time in Mexico City! It was also on this day in 1947 that The Black Dahlia was last seen alive. I hate to go negative on here especially since this terrible act has never been solved as far as I know. I pray for her today. Her soul has probably received many, many prayers but one more never hurts. Anyway, have a great day. I had better run. Be mellow yellow. The carpet vendor just called and I have 24 hours to get dimensions for a bound runner and better get that tape measure a 'cranking. Hell will freeze over before I mis-measure.
"Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith." Paul Tillich
***on this day in 1973 Carpenters had the #1 song in the country!