Wednesday, January 14, 2009

...damage control...


Greetings! It is cold and clear today in Chester County, PA. Although I am not a fan of hot forced air, (it tends to dry and age the skin) the heater ran most of the night, even having had set it to 58. I sleep better in cool temperatures but apparently it was so cold outside that the heater deemed it necessary to run. I'm sure the 'housemates' appreciated it. The 'Abstract Art' arrived at the front door of KM in Texas yesterday afternoon and *shame alert* it was damaged and the box looked to have been thrown around carelessly. This lady was so nice tho' and I immediately put in a claim with the carrier. I hope that I can get another piece of art just like it for her as she is somewhat disappointed. I will not name the carrier because I have had nothing but rave reviews of them for the past number of years. Everybody has a bad day but please don't take it out on my artwork. A more healthy outlet might be a punching bag, StairMaster, free weights or a good friends ear. Holding stress inside or taking it out on ourselves in unhealthy ways speeds the aging process. That includes alcohol, caffeine in high amounts, nicotine and the other poisons contained in many cigarettes and crappy thoughts that get smashed down inside our thought patterns. Be polite and direct but never allow jerks to walk on you. You will get more wrinkles! On this day in 1998 researchers in Texas (land of a whole lot of nice Internet shoppers) present findings about an enzyme that slows aging and cell death apoptosis. It has been found to be a programmed death cell. Isn't that wild? I saw Joan Rivers the other day and she must not have any of these cells. She looks like she was born...huh, whaaat? She had what done? Oh, never mind. Please delete my analogy. It is unfounded. Anyway, I found some great new symbol needlepoint pillows for teachers, teachers pets and people who simply like punctuation and they are in my 'Home Fashions' area. I also have started a new section incorporating Beach house Accessories, fabrics and have overlapped existing items on my site to make it easier for people who are doing Summer homes or want that look in their permanent homes. My friend B called just as I was finishing up with the great gal from Texas to inform me that Naples, FL is warm and sunny. They were on the beach and I was just so darned happy to hear that news. I added another sweater as she waxed on about the benefits of a hot climate. Wear sunscreen doll! Protect those apoptosis cells! I am kidding. She turns 30 again this month and I need to find the perfect gift as she is tried and true. I had better get off of this thing and throw some under eye cream on. Have a great day, lose the stress and if something doesn't go the way you wanted it to, take a deep breath. Always use damage control.Or avoid damages altogether!
"Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force." Irving Berlin