Wednesday, December 31, 2008

...good buy 2008...


Greetings! It is sunny and clear here in Chester County, PA today. People at the park early this morning were wishing me a Happy New Year so I guess there is no turning back. Many tend to look back on what they did and did not achieve in the past year; I guess it's human nature. All in all I had a great year in 2008. I met new, great people and reconnected with not so new, great people. I won't bore you here with my year...you can sort of recount it yourselves while the water is boiling thru this blog site. I do know that on this day in 1904 the first New Year's Eve celebration was held in Times Square ( hi Char) (then known as Longacre Square) in New York, New York. Dick Clark wore a black Valentino Tux and Joan Rivers was the guest host. The latter may or may not be true. 'Time' being an operative word, on this day but not in the U.S. and in the year 1923, the chimes of Big Ben were broadcast on radio for the first time by the BBC. Ironically, also on this day but in 1955 General Motors became the first U.S. corporation to make over $1 billion dollars in a year. Things change as we all know. One of the years top news stories is the economy and bailouts including large automakers. We elected a new President here in the U.S., the short lived Russia-Georgia war was fought, Kosovo declared its independence, terrorists attacked Mumbai, gas and food prices escalated and China held the Olympics. My favorite, KC lip synced in the late 70's on 'Top Of The Pops' so that little part of the story means nothing to me. I am not one for major resolutions as I consider myself a constant work in progress anyway. If those of you have a major resolution in mind I wish you all the strength and success to accomplish it(them). On the other hand, if you need links for cheap cigarettes, tax free alcohol or after hours club addresses in the Philadelphia vicinity, please email me. Some believe that what one does on New Year's Eve dictates how the upcoming year in it's entirety will be. Hmmm. For those with a head cold I don't believe it. For those hanging with friends and loved one, I do believe it. I wish everyone a healthy, safe, prosperous, grounded New Year. Uhm, 10, 9, 8... p.s you have to run your curser over this blog to catch my blatant links to my website. I figured today I'd give you a break from that..at least overtly.