Saturday, November 29, 2008

...the sound of silence...


Hello! Today is crisp, clear and sunny in Chester County, PA. We went to the park which, for the last couple of days, has included my 5 year old nephew who is a great help with the dogs. He too appreciates silence and commented on it at the serene park. We had a very nice Thanksgiving making sure to spend the day only around those that we enjoy being around...unfortunately those types outweigh the weirdos so we couldn't see everyone that we wanted to. We hit Black Friday Morning with a vengeance but only to experience it so no stress was involved. Today I have a wedding in Baltimore and will leave here shortly. I am looking forward to seeing many nice people. Late yesterday I finished a project and am very happy with the results. I also had 'phone day' and am again reminded of just how many great people I have in my life. This fact is making it harder and harder to give time to and/or tolerate those few who don't fit into this category. I guess with age comes a selective quality in people and with so little free time we need to be protective of it and just enjoy the sound of silence. I pretty much have the 'Chipmunks' DVD memorized and actually like it a lot. The vocals are somewhat 'ABBA-esque'. The Holiday CD's and albums are also in full swing at my place as I am sure they are in many others and we can thank Thomas Edison for this, who demonstrated his phonograph for the first time on this day in 1877. Thank you Mr. Edison! I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving and realize that even with the s*it, seek the things for which you give thanks. Don't let negative people suck your energy, just keep the at arms length and keep striving for a great life. Have a nice one. Today's photo is of a brand new Candlelight Writing Desk that arrived at my shop late Wednesday!