Sunday, November 9, 2008

...I can almost see land...


Good sunny day everyone! Last evening was a total change of plans as both my nephew and the hostess of the scheduled dinner party fell ill. He was pretty disappointed so we made plans for the following weekend. I am still adjusting to the light change as many of you probably are too. I was walking the boys by the creek and at some points it is so dark that I can't see land. They guide me when they aren't playing Cat's Cradle with their leashes. Little varmints! Someone from a far off state found my website and ordered the Centerpiece for their Thanksgiving Table. In a small way I am now part of their annual tradition...that is if they use it every year. I also have to make a trip to Yankee Candle and get some season specific scents and may do that today if I solve the speaker dilemma in time. The far rear ones seem to work intermittently so I think I may have a wire crossed. If I look closely I will figure it out. Speaking of looking closely, on this day in 1620, Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sight land at Cape Cod, Massachusetts. How cool. What a great place to land. If you haven't visited yet it is quite a beautiful spot. My friend AL lived there for many years and when I was younger my friend KC and I would drive up there to vacation...never knowing that in several years it would be one of the few states open to gay marriages. I am off to do as much as possible today, hopefully some of it outside. Have a great day and keep your eyes open for a new discovery.