Friday, November 21, 2008

...inspiration...


Oh the weather outsides delightful! It is snowing here in Chester County, PA and everything looks beautiful. Unfortunately weather forecasters are not calling for any significant amount, but just seeing it fall is a welcome sight. I put my multi-celebratory tree up a few weeks ago and am glad that I continually rush the holiday(s) season. Tomorrow after work I am officially beginning my Thanksgiving Holiday as friends in Perkasie, PA are having their annual dinner. I will bring a pie! That should garner more than a few laughs...but seriously, my friend AL taught me years ago how to bake a Pecan Pie and it is about as easy as toasting bread. And it tastes a whole lot better. I know that we are in the Gregorian Calendar and have been ever since Ed McMahon was born or maybe even further back, but on this day in 1620, according to the Julian Calendar, Plymouth Colony settlers signed the Mayflower Compact. That would make a great name for make-up! Are you listening Cover Girl? The Mayflower Compact was the first governing document of Plymouth Colony. It was written by the Separatists later known as the Pilgrims who crossed the Atlantic aboard the Mayflower, seeking the freedom to practice Christianity according to their own determination. Think for a moment how daring and brave that was! Is that moment up? Ok, I will continue...There must be something in the planet alignment on November 21st because a few more momentous things occurred. In 1783 the first non-tethered Hot Air Balloon flight took place. Wheee! In 1789 North Carolina became the 12th United State, in 1877 Thomas Edison announced his invention of the phonograph, in 1905 Albert Einstein's paper discussing E=MC2 was published, in 1922 Rebecca Felton became the first female U.S Senator, and in 1995 the Dow Jones closed above 5000 for the first time. I closed at 2 thirty yesterday because I had a client interview, but that pales in comparison to other historical facts. I placed the accessory order and aside from one declined credit card, the order is a success. The carpet for K and M is being bound as I type and I plan on picking up a desk either today or early tomorrow morning and I can't wait. My intention is to sell it, but I will look at it until that happens. B and G leave for Florida on Monday and I will miss them. I am also a little green but am happy that they can be bi-stately in their living arrangements. I think that I am going to Bethlehem on Sunday but will pick up the phone and make sure later today. Have a great day and I hope it is snowing where you are also!