Wednesday, November 26, 2008

...home is where the heart is...


They began work on the facades in my development early this morning. Many were upset as they didn't have to go in today and the maintenance workers spoke loudly and laughed. I waved as I had been up since 4:35 and they looked a bit disappointed and surprisingly quieted down. Hmmmm. No harm, no 'foul'. Brilliant segue! On this day in 1789 National Thanksgiving Day was observed in the United States as recommended by President George Washington and approved by Congress. Nice to see Congress approving such a loving and sensible thing. Did you know that Washington was monied? He was also (supposedly, as I wasn't there) fastidious about his clothing even tho' most soldier's bathed and cleaned clothes very sporadically. ..ugh...Friends are coming over this evening, not for Thanksgiving per se, but in a way just to hang and show why we're thankful. Tomorrow I have a few stops and all are home 'cause home is where the heart is, not simply the walls that the mortgage pays for. Of course I am thankful for those walls, mind you! Even when they are being repaired early in the morning. I did my annual tie the wreath to my front grill a few days ago it's great how driver's coming at me tend to smile. One gave me the finger and I wonder what makes one look over to see either a smile or a finger? It's not like I look at oncoming drivers as a rule. As long as they are on their side of the road I honestly don't care. Back when I was young I had a Red Jeep and somehow I rigged the wreath to light up when the thing was running. I don't remember how I wired it and maybe that's for the best. I was planning on going to the big park today but the accessory freight truck will be at my shop this morning and that comes first. I had better get hopping, and I hope that tomorrow brings relaxation and warm feelings for everyone. Take the time to sit down and relax and give thanks for what we do have and not dwell on what we don't. Unless it's illness or a pain in the neck and in that case again be thankful. Today I show a small footstool. I received one yesterday that I ordered in muslin, (not a religion, a fabric) with unfinished legs that I will upholster myself after I faux the legs in a green and cream fashion. Have a great day.