Tuesday, November 18, 2008

...kiss and Tell...


Good day all! We just got back from our walk and it was great. It is crisp and cold with some frost here and there and the park looked magnificent. Several people were there so we stopped and chatted a few times with C doing most of the talking. Last evening I did more of that Venetian Faux Finish after I met with a client early in the day to choose drapery panels and hang several mirrors. We made a reflection wall and now his/her beautiful back yard looks like it is right in the Family Room. Success. They have a beautiful apple tree in the back yard and a creek running through their property which makes the whole scene very picturesque. I had to stay on my toes and keep extremely focused as the morning's client has a Maine Coon who is adventurous but not necessarily agile. As I was leaving Haverford my cell rang and it was another client who happened to be in Haverford so we met for lunch and it was great to see her, and the timing was perfect. I go to their home often as their son is a grillmeister. Sadly, their housemate Fritz died suddenly of an aneurysm. He was so big and full of life that it's hard to imagine him gone. If there is a silver lining to autism, it is the lack of interpersonal closeness so their son did not grieve and feel the loss as so many would. He is the apple of their eye as he should be. Have a seat if you'd like on the Chippendale Small Upholstered Stool shown in today's photo. I sold another Dodge City Clock to a gal in Dodge City via my website and two area rugs to another gal in Greensboro. People seem to zero in on my website for which I am very grateful. Speaking of apples and focus, on this day in 1307 (according to legend) , William Tell had to shoot an apple off of his son's head. This was his punishment for not bowing in front of a stick with some pompous jerks ( the newly appointed Volt of Altdorf's) hat on it. As legend has it, Tell was successful in his marksmanship. Supposedly when asked why Tell had TWO arrows in his quiver, his reply was that if he had missed and killed his son, he would have shot the Volt! He sounds like the kind of guy to invite to a dinner party. I like his style. Apple Pie anyone? I need to order fabric today in a teal faille and hope the entire day is a great one for me, you and apples everywhere.