Thursday, November 13, 2008

---tunnel vision...


Hello! If you want to know the weather forecast for Chester County today, read yesterday's blog. Speaking of yesterday,work was bizarre as a business associate revealed to me that this person cannot back up a car and has had three major accidents due to this fact. Oddly, this person has never had a car accident due to backing up! *start chilling scary sounds* This revelation was made after I suggested that this person bring their car to the store's front door to make it easier for me to load it, which would have required backing up. Not sure how this person left the parking lot yesterday... Tunnel Vision is loss of vision in one's periphery so if you are backing up, in large crowds or watching so that someone doesn't stab you in the back, tunnel vision would be an awful thing to suffer from. Last evening I stopped over at a client's home, stain varnished an old trunk and finalized the carpet selection for their foyer stairway and upper hall. It is a carpet by Masland called 'Seurat; Butter' and is a dense, dotted carpet very similar to one made by Webster Carpets. I tried my damnedest to sell the Webster brand but the color simply wasn't available. I will next time tho' as reps from both vendors are awesome people. I received needlepoint pillows and ceramic tassels also yesterday from my website and shipped all items out as soon as I received them. The furniture truck arrived just as a carpet rep arrived and I unloaded a Camel back Sofa and a Cordovan Velvet Lounge Chair. The lounge chair finish was called 'Aspen' but looked nothing like what the fabricator shows in the sample book which is distressed cherry with an overlay of white, alas 'Aspen'. I called customer service to explain my dilemma and apparently that department has been misnamed. I fauxed the frame and legs myself, it looks excellent, I delivered it and all is well. Except for the slight lack of customer service on their end...but never from mine. This morning I visit a long term client and my shop hours should be productive as I don't think that I have to babysit. I had better get ready so I will cut this blog short. Have a great day, especially those in the NJ-NY area who have to commute to work, 'cause speaking of Tunnels on this day in 1927 the Holland Tunnel opened to traffic as the first Hudson Bay vehicular tunnel which links New Jersey to New York City. Shown today is a large entertainment stand, perfect for flat screen televisions and staying in bed. The remote controls work from the pillow vantage point, so no unnecessary getting up to change a channel is required.