Friday, November 14, 2008

...road tripping...







Good day! It is again raining but nice and warm here in Chester County, PA. Yesterday was a wonderful, productive day and I got so much done. I was pretty sure that I didn't have to babysit and it turned out to be true. My time remains so much more open when I don't have to place constant attention on those tiny minds! No offense to the small minded of course! Speaking of which, I have some heartbreaking news to report. Focus On The Family, who generously spent a half of a million dollars fighting to pass Proposition 8 in California is announcing layoffs...as many as 46 employees in their 1200 member company. At least they spent all of that money focusing on the families! I measured in the morning after walking the boys, met with reps in peace and had virtually no interruptions, scaled and priced a new window treatment job, went to the gym and then met friends for dinner. It was refreshing that I didn't have to bring the paperwork home and do that late at night for a change so I was very satisfied. The early morning appointment led me to a great gal who has a dream to travel once her child is out of school and that will be in a few short years. She feels somewhat trapped and I wished her the best and suggested that she begin planning now. Why not? I believe that the more one visualizes things the more apt they are to put them in motion. I do it all of the time, and I mean several times in one day. Creative visualization is key if one also works hard and doesn't wait for things to fall into their lap. It is also important to keep negative people away as they are like bats, attracted to the light. No offense to bats, of course. So far the lightening bolt hasn't struck but many other things have come to fruition. So travel I say! As did Nelly Bly on this day in 1889. The journalist (aka Elizabeth Cochrane) began a successful attempt to travel around the world in less than 80 days. She completed the trip in seventy-two days. Astute and creative journalist that she was, Ms. Bly also faked insanity to study a mental hospital from within. I may know someone who does that on a daily basis, but the jury is still out on that one! My plan for today is to put another accessory order together as I sold another Rooster and more of those ceramic tassels from my website at some point during the night. I will add some reasonably priced gift items to that order as many are not in the mood to do all of their stocking stuffers from Tiffany and Co. My nephew was ill last weekend and I think he may be coming this weekend if he is up for it. I may have plans to visit AA and UD also and friends are coming down from Perkasie either Saturday or Sunday so I will be as flexible as possible. Oh, yeah. I also ordered lighting fixtures for one of my best friends who began as strictly a client and has become so much more. She doesn't read my blog so I am not trying to score points here. Have a great day and if anyone reading this feels trapped, (and my guess is that we all do to some degree), visualize a small change. Heck, if someone who changed her name to NELLY can do it, we all sure can! Wink. My friend EA is having her annual company Holiday Party on 12/5 so today's photo is appropriate. They are named Ceramic Painted Tipsy Trees, but don't worry. I have already been assigned designated chauffeur. Have a great day. And if you feel trapped, put some peanut butter in that trap and get someone else to take the bait! It may be a perfect setting for someone else even if it doesn't fit you and we only have one life to live! Or two, or three...