Saturday, November 22, 2008

...do you see what I see?


Hello. It is clear and cold today in Chester County, PA. There is a firing range very near home and on weekends it sounds almost too close for comfort. Yesterday on my way into work I took the usual scenic twisty road that passes a creek and waterfall. It was even more beautiful with the snow and I loved it. A funeral procession passed me going the other direction and as I approached the one lane bridge a black cat crossed my path. But I continued onward! I finally reached the end of the quaint road which intersects with a major road and that road was bumper to bumper; a literal standstill. So I went back from whence I came and got to work in fine time. This morning as I walked the boys we again had the park to ourselves. But wait! Not entirely to ourselves. A beautiful buck ran past, stopped for a moment and we said 'hi'. Oddly none of the dogs uttered a sound. The buck then proceeded to run across the nearest street with a car approaching at a fast pace. I yelled 'watch out' which probably fell on deaf ears as no one with a lick of sense would have a window open in this cold. But the driver did hear me. The car missed the buck and I felt such a sense of relief. Not so lucky occurred on this day in 1963. In Dallas, John F. Kennedy was killed and Governor John B. Connaly was seriously wounded by an assassin, identified as Lee Harvey Oswald, who was later captured and charged with the murder of police officer J.D Tippit. (who's name sounds like an author and I mean no disrespect) That same day, US Vice-President Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in as the 36th President of the United States. The teal fabric and lining arrived late yesterday and the runners are back from the binder. This afternoon is over the river and through the woods...but not to Grandmother's House. Friends are having Thanksgiving Dinner and it will be great. I bore you people regularly with how thankful I am for my friends and 'stuff' but I really am. Have a great day, keep your eyes open and please don't ignore the signs. Also, if you go anywhere this Holiday Season remember not to go empty handed! I am bringing a home baked (Marie Calendar's) Pumpkin Pie! If you are so inclined, bake something too! Shown are copper pots.