Monday, November 3, 2008

...you can bank on it...




Greetings from Chester County, PA. We got back from the park and the boys are all sleeping. We all went to a friend's home yesterday and they are tired out from their day. In a good way. We had tomatoes, lemon yogurt and no one was around to nicotine up the walls and shades thankfully. I love that neck of the woods. It is so private from the rest of the world and yet close to everything. Before leaving for that vicinity I picked up an antique oak chest at 'Power House' in Collegeville, a huge old place that houses many antique dealers and interesting pieces of furniture. The place is open one day per week and that day is Sunday. Lucky! I wish that I could do that. I have another Internet sale for those beautiful Tracey Porter Mugs and I wish that the vendors would stop with the higher and higher minimum orders. It makes it a little tougher to satisfy a person who only wants 6 mugs. Has anyone heard that there is an election tomorrow? Oh, you have. Ok. I will continue then. Wednesday evening I made a deposit at Commerce bank and took my usual blue Commerce pen from the vacuum container. The next morning I made another deposit, and the pen that came back was a green TD pen. It literally happened overnight. She laughed because I was the first drive through person to even notice. Nice try Commerce. I don't miss much. A Canadian bank made the purchase and interestingly, on this day in 1817, the Bank of Montreal, Canada's oldest chartered bank, opened in Quebec, Canada. You can bank on this also but not as strongly as in days gone by. On this day in 1911, Chevrolet got into the auto game to compete with Ford. Have a great day everyone! Don't forget to vote. It is a right and a duty for all United States citizens. If you are still on the fence here are two links that provide information. http://www.barackobama.com/index.php http://www.johnmccain.com/splash32615.htm This link tells you where to vote. >>> http://www.voteforchange.com/ 7am to 8 pm. Did you know that if you show up by 8 pm you are entitled to vote no matter how long you must wait. But wait. It is one evening out of your life. I can see if you have to be at work at a certain time but after work it is your time and your investment in the future. Today's photo is of a pair of Maharlika Design Chairs with Antique Green Finish. They are constructed from Buri Palm which is one of the strongest grasses in the world. And that you can bank on.