Thursday, November 20, 2008

...greetings...


Good day! It feels like Winter here in Chester County, PA. If I can stay at home for an evening I plan on making a roaring fire, but that will have to wait. I had a real nice talk with a client who has come back into my life. I think we get along so well because I can take her at face value. She is real, honest, direct and not at all about manipulation, trickery and lies. I find that to be rare in humans, not to get all negative here. I do have more than a handful of people in my life who fit the former description and I count myself lucky. As we all know, it gets tiring having to watch one's back all of the time when people who aren't so honest and direct come into our circles. Last night three of us went out to dinner and afterwards two of us had a great, honest talk. I mostly listened, as a good friend does and hope that my attention helped. The subject was, again, about honesty and in particular, how a person represents himself. It is a very telling trait. On of my favorite movies was, and is entitled 'The Children's Hour' and I first saw it many, many years ago. I still rent it on occasion today. The acting is superb and was written by the woman who also wrote 'Little Women'. Perhaps you've heard of that one. It was made into a movie from the team that I mentioned in yesterday's blog. "The story is not about lesbians," Hellman explained to Samuel Goldwyn's story editor, who wanted to buy the screen rights of the play. "It's about the power of a lie." Despite the controversial theme, the play ran on Broadway for nearly 700 performances. The premiere of this play occurred on this day in New York City in 1934. If you have never seen it, I highly recommend it. You may want to smack the little b*tch who plays the tattle-tale in the mouth, but keep repeating to yourself...it's only a movie, it's only a movie. I am in association with someone who tattles on a regular basis and cannot understand the reason why. I am sure that many people are confronted with that and it is a shame. What isn't a shame are the new Robert Allen drapery weight fabric books. Even though they didn't make a black volume, the line is well done. I also received many new wallpaper samples and I will begin downloading them onto my website depending on how much attention may be sucked out of me today. If not during the day, then in the wee hours of the night. Have a great day everyone. I have at least one Guardian Angel looking after me and hope that you do too!