Friday, August 1, 2008

A Visual Society...


Good day all. Late yesterday as I headed home from the gym my cell rang. I had my bluetooth on for hands-free driving so as to be safe. But I could not read the little red numbers alerting me as to who was calling. Yikes. I need my reading glasses more and more. I work in a visual industry and took pause last night to be thankful for my sight. Without it I would not have this career among many other things. Of course there are some things that I'd rather not be able to see, but that subject is for another time. I turned my friend B onto YouTube so now she watches and listens to music and videos while working. I like that site also even though I prefer the sound quality that comes from a larger system. Videowise, in 1981 MTV began broadcasting in the United States and aired its first video, "Video Killed The Radio Star" by the Buggles. After that, almost everyone who had a hit record was relatively attractive. Hmmm. To be homely with a great voice...Not fair. DL came to my rescue yesterday regarding those beautiful roll shades and I think I can now repair them without the help of the original supplier. I keep trying! Speaking of vision, I have added two decorative folding screens to my 'What's New' section for those who want a little privacy without closing the door. In the wee hours of the night contractors thankfully worked on the vacant building behind me. I was afraid that I would get a full night's sleep, but not to worry! I was up half of the night. It sounded like they were tunneling their way into Hell, but I am not sure. Along with my somewhat good eyesight, my sense of hearing is excellent. It is still somewhat early and all four animals are passed out on the floor. With the humidity factor, I think our run this morning was a little too aggressive. I should have seen that. Have a good day. Pictured today is 'Natural Vision Wall Decor'.