Monday, August 25, 2008

looking skyward...


Good crisp, sunny day! Friends came back from the Poconos late yesterday and were commenting on how clean the air was and how much more clear the stars appeared. My ex neighbor A and I spent many an evening on my deck looking at stars, and without the Pocono comparison, looked plenty clear to me. Perhaps more wishes come true when you are closer to them...Someone took the skyview a little further than A and me and on this day in 1609 Galileo Galilei demonstrated his first telescope to Venetian lawmakers. Saturday's sofa delivery could not have gone better and there were no freaks at all. I delivered the ones as shown in the link but in an emerald green and the client loved them. Sunday I removed drapery as that client is replacing all of their windows. It will give them a chance to have cleaning done also and that is a great idea. This morning I am installing more drapery, thankful that business keeps me busy. I will try to take the guys to the creek later today, depending on when I finish work. Today's photo is of a subtle sky blue damask that suggests clouds. It is called Shelby Blue and that it is. I had better hit the showers and get ladder-bound. Have a great day.