Thursday, August 14, 2008

Permanent and stylish...


Greetings! It is beautiful outside and I want to be outside. A large truck arrived at the shop this morning and it was so large that it couldn't fit behind my shop. Yikes. Anyway, the good news is that a bunch of beautiful upholstered pieces arrived and they are all correct. I chose styles that are classic with no shelf life as well as fabrics that are exciting but have a long term look. That is my definition of of good design. Last evening I didn't go out for dinner. That is a first. I actually stayed in and slept like the dead. Those roll shades are no longer dastardly. I finished them and they will be fine. I phoned the client who is happy and will install when she returns from bringing her grandson back to college. It seems like only yesterday that I stripped and painted my bistro table and chairs.The ones on my website are rustproof; mine were inherited. Slow Summer down. By the way, on this day in 1885 Japan's first patent is issued to the inventor of a rust-proof paint. Hope he is still alive to enjoy his cash. Or at least his family. Rustoleum doesn't sound like a Japanese name though. I guess I am trying to say that even if nothing is forever, there is nothing like long lasting. Have a great day and try to stay positive. Today's photo is of my Barbazon Mirror. Stylish and permanent. Well, long lasting...