Monday, August 18, 2008

Come Fly With Me...


Greetings. Sunny, pleasant and clear on this Monday, Monday morning in Chester County, PA. After shop hours on Saturday I had dinner with friends/clients and the discussion turned to the airline industry. I don't fly often at all, but this man does and was relating several 'war stories' regarding poor service and a real change in the industry as a whole. In 1957, Frank Sinatra released "Come Fly With Me" but may have thought twice about it as a successful single if released today. The furniture delivery on Sunday went so well that I really again think that there are Angels watching over me. Not to sound narcisistic! After delivery we ate and hung out and laughed and had a truly terrific time. Today more pieces will arrive and I will try to take photos. I'm not good at that. Once a job has been finished I am ready to move on. I need to get better at recording things that I have done. I think about how huge my 'book' would be after, um, uh, yikes...let's say 'several' years in this industry. Back to flying. On this day in 1903 a German engineer named Karl Jatho allegedly flew his self-made, motored gliding airplane four months before the first flight of theWright Brothers. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, you German hater! (and you know who you are silly woman.) Do you like the 'Tulip Lamp' pictured today? You wouldn't have to fly to the Netherlands to enjoy the flowers with this delight. Those 'Divine' clients came in Saturday and chose 20 rolls of beautiful, high end wallpaper...of course it has been discontinued and we are all very happy that we spent good time in making this selection only to have it unavailable. Yippee! 'Fly Me To The Moon". The dryer buzzer is calling me. I'd better fly downstairs and begin folding before the wrinkles set in. Have a great day everyone.