Saturday, August 2, 2008

what counts...


Rain, rain in Chester County, Pa. But we need it. This past week when storms were announced, I could count the actual drops but this morning there is gentle, yet substantial rainfall. Last evening I went to a long term client's home and we chose more of those beautiful Graber LightWeaves roll shades and some Monet-inspired drapery panels using a Robert Allen fabric entitled "Devonshire'. Not the best name for a pointillist polyester, but maybe they ran out of names by that 'point'. The same windows were within a quarter inch of each other, which seems minimal but not when using custom shades. Measure twice, install once. This morning I am going to a new client in Malvern who needs pleated shades and some sort of top treatment and I am counting on a nice order. For some reason, today's blog keeps turning into Japanese and I don't know why. Always something interesting going on. One, two three, four... on this day in 1790 the first US Census was conducted. The total number was around 4 million people. Ironic as that is about how many people were in the supermarket deli line last evening right here in Kimberton. I may be a little off in my numbers, but it sure seemed like it. Today's photo is of a Count From 1 to 10 Hook Rug This afternoon I deliver the bedroom furniture that somehow worked out for me to a great family in Valley Forge. I am counting on them finding the pieces 'suitable.' My neighbor came over late last evening and we counted stars. I made seven wishes, six of them the same one. I hope that's okay as I used a different star for each request. Time to fly. I don't like to be late. Being prompt counts. Have a great day/weekend.