Wednesday, August 13, 2008

...divine to be made of steel...


Greetings from Chester County, PA. It is a sunny, clear morning and I ran into a neighbor at the park. Last evening we ate outside and then polished our photoshop skills, one friend remarking that the evenings of eating out are waning. PLEASE do not say that out loud. I want my favorite season to last and last. But we have to be strong, like steel. Which reminds me of a line from a favorite (bizarre) movie by John Waters entitled 'Polyester'. The mother ( drag queen Divine) says to her daughter, "I'm not made of steel, Miss Lulu!" Great escapist film if you dare. The steel tube for my dastardly shades DID arrive late yesterday...in an 8'piece. Yay. I was afraid that it would come cut to the exact measurements that I had ordered. Thankfully now I can get a good arm workout and build up more callouses. Is it too early for a cocktail? Speaking of which, today's photo is of Art Glass Steel Bottle Stoppers, for those who don't finish the entire thing in one sitting. (Hi Colleen!)smirk. Steel was once a major industry here, suppling armies, employing generations and making lots of money although some higher ups in that industry were bastards. From what I hear. On this day in 1913 the invention of stainless steel was made by Harry Brearley.Thanks Harry. Now we can keep wine fresh, have rustfree flatware and more... Have a great day everyone. Stay strong. As stainless steel.