Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Survival of the music...


I smell like gasoline. Oh, greetings everyone! After our walk on this sunny, clear day I went to the gas station and for some reason I shouldn't be near a lit potable. The little darlings were in full force and it isn't even a full moon. Charlie took off and he never does that and ran himself ragged. Then Max got into the chocolate cupcakes that I needed for later today. What's going on? That is my day thus far but I now need to put it into perspective. While I am doing these simple tasks, on this day in 1858 Charles Darwin first published his theory of evolution in The Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London. It may have contained a passage about dogs NOT eating chocolate in order to survive, but then again, maybe not. Also on this day but in 1882 Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture debued in Moscow. The overture is one of the few good things that came from that war, the other being the freedom of thousands of slaves. Now what can I do that is history changing today? Think, think...
This is a stretch but I now need to marry writing and music to shamelessly peddle something from my website. Gold Face Distinguised Clock came up in my search. So be it. The little imps are sleeping after the sugar rush and temporary abandonment. I will shower carefully and try my best to survive and not blow up and get on with my day. I hope that I don't have to endure another idiot savant moment...We shall see. Have a great day! Chocolates and gasoline for all! Crank up the overature and do your best to more than survive.