Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shadows...


Greetings! The shade installation was a bit off yesterday. The measurements were perfect, the fabric excellent but the lady wanted the old fashioned kind not the kind with the convenient loop cord so they will have to be adjusted. Not a problem though. My representative is excellent and will most assuredly NOT wrap the cords around the clients' neck. I held one of the shades up and it all but blocked shadows and looked absolutely natural, considering its 100% polyester content. It is the last day of July and the Summer is flying. I went to dinner and got home rather late and it was dark and eerie outside. Being in the country is great and the winding country road in the dark offers the right amount of beauty and a creep effect. On this day in 1930 the radio mystery program The Shadow was aired for the first time. Framed Crosses Shadowboxes are available on my website. Notice how the Metal Scroll Table pictured creates great shadows? I slept like the dead last night thankfully. The lady who stopped in for top down bottom up pleated shades and valances last week called my cell this morning to hire me. She seems very nice so it will be a fun job. B returned to the shop yesterday to borrow a few more wallpaper books, zeroing in on Brunschwig&Fils, Scalamandre and Schumacher. The lady has taste! I am off now and wish everyone a great day. Enjoy the last day of July. And stay out of the shadows..."Who knows what evil lurks...?"