Tuesday, September 2, 2008

...what's news?


Greetings on this sunny, crisp after Labor-day. It is back to school for some, including my nieces and nephew who goes to school for the first time. This weekend was a terrific experience for me and all of us had a great time. Aside from hanging at their country club and playing games we were also productive, cleaning and clearing a garage. We also noticed some falling leaves up north...ugh... I kind of didn't want to leave, but I say that a lot..beach, friend's homes, etc. We caught up on a lot of news and the days flew. I brought my laptop but spent very little time on it except to check emails, read some news and reply to clients who purchased from my website. (thanks...) One of the friends that I visited had CNN on all of the time. I cannot remember the last time that I watched the news on TV. Or from a newspaper for that matter. On this day in 1963 CBS Evening News becomes U.S. network television's first half-hour weeknight news broadcast, when the show was lengthened from 15 to 30 minutes. What's New is also a section of my website where I show the latest in color, furnishings and accessories and will update as often as possible. While in CT we also talked about drapery and I will find a tone on tone large scale damask to go in a blue guest bedroom to warm it a bit. My friends with a business at shore points came home late last night and will be here during the week for a change. I am going there this evening and will hopefully get to hear some fun summer business stories from them. I think that I am going to Celine Dion this Friday but am not sure. It is either this week or next and we have a box. I don't think that the crowd will be all that rambunctious but when hearing Miss Dion I don't want to miss a note. The last time that I went to a live show I cannot remember many of the details. Oh yeah. Cher. In one of her many farewell concerts. I saw three of them. "It's All Coming Back To Me Now". wink. Have a great day.