Thursday, September 18, 2008

...are you experienced?...



Greetings from a sunny, clear Chester County, PA location. Last night's dinner was great as usual. We are both small business owners and always have a lot to share, food being the smallest part of the evening. I (as well as you) have been hearing the word 'experienced' a whole lot lately and would like to focus more on issues at this late stage of the election game. On this day in 1970 Jimi Hendrix died after choking on his own vomit. If these political games continue, (and they usually do) I fear that I may do the same. Hendrix debut album was entitled "Are You Experienced" and is considered to be the greatest, most influential debut release from any artist. When first released in 1967, Are You Experienced turned the music world upside down as Hendrix showed everyone exactly what it meant to be 'experienced.' Also on this day, but in 1180 Philip Augustus became King of France. He reorganized the government, bringing financial stability to the country and thus making possible a sharp increase in prosperity. His reign was popular with ordinary people because he checked the power of the nobles and passed some of it on to the growing middle class. hmmmm. Ok. Back to design now. I located English Brass Casters, designed kitchen valances, began work on a room divider made of antique shutters, chose a stairwell wallpaper, found a red, green and mustard floral upholstery weight fabric for a Camel back sofa and a coordinating red and sage silk vine drapery weight fabric for a Living Room valance, and scared the Jesus out of the always delightful UPS driver who usually scares the Jesus out of me. Touche! I guess it comes from experience? A lady emailed me from Britain to order a few items from my website. Today I have to figure out how to ship internationally. I think I mentioned that last week a man from Britain called regarding custom drapery. Bye Bye Malvern! Just kidding...(?) Have a great day.