Saturday, September 13, 2008

...test of time...


Greetings! It is sunny and clear in Chester County, PA today and tomorrow promises to be a hot summer day. Just in time for Autumn. Yippee! I arrived at the shop to find a message from an 01 phone number this morning. Yikes. People in Britan called me for custom drapery via my website and I need to let them know that I am in, uh, Malvern, PA, USA. The message was left at 4 am. They should have called my home number. I was UP! Yesterday's installation was fine and I made a rather average place look quite good. (that IS my job after all...) The only reason that the client would need to change what I did is if they turn to dust in a hundred years. I am referring to the window treatments, not the client. I like a classic look; one that can stand the test of time. The fabric was a poppy, pear and french vanilla plaid. Is anyone hungry yet? It poured rain last evening so we had to forgo a long walk in the park but made up for it early this morning. I awoke at 3 thirty and did laundry. I then installed Graber shades for the lovely PK who makes the best cup of coffee, thankfully NOT decaffeinated. She and I are in alignment politically even tho' I make it a rule to not discuss Politics, Religion or Karen Carpenter with clients... BT is coming in today for wallpaper and this afternoon after the shop I go to KL's for kitchen furniture and accessories. PK and KL have been coming to me for two decades for interior design help and for that I am extremely thankful. Talk about standing the test of time! Not quite on the same par as 'David' who was started on this day in 1503 by uhm, whatshisname?? Oh yeah, Michelangelo, but still... I took today's photo from the Farmer's Almanac which was begun in 1792..which certainly has stood the test of time. It is of a Harvest moon that will appear this Monday. If I don't blog until Tuesday I wanted you to see this and prepare your eyes for a ...feast. (Get it...Harvest, feast...) I need some sleep. Have a great day!