Saturday, September 20, 2008

...follow your instincts...


Good day! It is a crisp and clear almost fall morning and the park was beautiful. We got there early enough to see the mist coming up from the ground and it is a magical wonderland a little more than a mile from where I live. Lucky me! The mirrors arrived in Texas yesterday and the Silver Serving Trays arrived in California. Virginia will most likely get his area rug this Monday. A business associate laughed when I started this website a couple of years ago and I have to admit...for someone who isn't computer savvy it did take me a while. But I ignored the negativity and persevered and now am happy that I stuck to my instincts and forged ahead. On a much larger scale, on this day in 1633 Galileo Galilei was tried before the Inquisition for teaching that the Earth orbits the Sun. This morning I will be high atop a ladder figuring out why a Prestige Faux 2" Wood Blind has lost it's wand. And then I will remedy the situation. BT chose a beautiful Schumacher wallpaper for her hall bath and guess what???It has been discontinued. I didn't even flinch. I have grown somewhat hard to this kind of thing and a little weary too. Perhaps I will drop wallcoverings in the future if it continues to rob me (and clients) of time. I will take it one week at a time tho'. In the old days I stocked hundreds of patterns and that may be another route to go. Wallcoverings are in and people seem to want them. I need to figure out how to satisfy the client without ending up in the looney bin. Which reminds me...also on this day but in 2001 in an address to a joint session of Congress and the American People president George W. Bush declared "war on terror". Yesterday a walk-in bought those cute metal Garden Boxes just in time for frost it seems. I go to Penn Valley this evening for grillmeister's talents. Yippee! Today's photo is a Grand Central Bowl 'cause it is the only thing on my site that, aside from a globe, resembles a planet. ( Or at least a half of a planet.) Have a great day all.