Thursday, September 11, 2008

...not a cloud in the sky...


Greetings! I was putting the dogs into the truck early this morning but not early enough to miss the sunrise. It's rays reflected off of a plane causing the plane to look otherworldly. Not being one to follow dates, I use this blog to keep up on them. I hope that made sense. Owning a business, at least for me sort of washed away the M-F 9-5 workweek decades ago. But I needed no reminder about what happened on this day in 2001. As soon as memory kicked in another plane flew by. I will not post a photo of 9-11-2001 because if you saw any of them they are most probably etched into your memory forever. I will post photos of pretty drapery and pillows that are somewhat cloudy tho' and will reshoot when time allows. I plan on finishing the cheval mirror today; the one that arrived in Oak but was needed in cherry. It will finally be cherry by nightfall. So will my hands. I received Fall fabric books from Carole Fabrics and they look great. There are many faux silks, textured solids and upholstery weights in reds, greens, charcoal and many neutrals. If you are not near me and want to see the line, I have supplied the link. Ok, here are some blurry shots from my past week. Plaid with Floral Pole Swags, Black and White Music Room, pretty pillows with leather straps (shown), Empire Valances, and Wandering Moose Mirror that someone from Minnesota bought via my website. One never knows... Speaking of mirrors, on this day in 1226, the Roman Catholic practice of perpetual adoration begins. (We all know someone like that!) Also on this day, but in 1926 an attempt to kill one of our favorite fascists failed. Benito Mussolini was killed tho' in 1945, having been executed by Italian partisans. Many think that he was hung along with prostitutes, (how offensive to prostitutes) but he was actually hung with his mistress after being shot, of course. Do we really need 90210 (2) or 'The Hills' when we have history books to read? One can't make this stuff up! I think my accessory order may come in today but that is not written in stone. Doesn't matter. No one is in a hurry and the sky is clear and blue... now everyone sing along...