Thursday, September 4, 2008

...imitation is the...


Good day all! Sunny, crisp and very pleasant weatherwise here in Chester County, PA. I cannot find the cord to my digital camera. I loaned it to friends who must have misplaced it so I can't show the photos that are in it yet. I will order another today and get those copies on my blog. Between the drapery and dog photos, there are a few winners that need to be seen. I guess that photographing is sort of like imitating or replicating. On this day in 1888 George Eastman registered the trademark Kodak, and received a patent for his camera which uses roll film. Today many use digital formats but he was the initiator and I'm glad that his idea was mimicked. Mimicking is 'to resemble closely' so I think that digital photos would fit into this category. Another definition of mimick is 'to copy or imitate so as to ridicule; mock.' That is precicely what a business associate did to me repeatedly yesterday and it was a bizarre thing to behold. This person also could not differentiate between staring someone down and polite eye contact. These may be signs of dementia but I am not a licensed therapist so I am only guessing. But I would certainly NOT copy or mimick these traits. The carpet installation that was started in March of this year was completed yesterday. The client called me and loved it. I was busy plucking grey hairs since the job took soo-o- long. The runner was especially stunning as it covered two sets of stairs and a landing that was cleverly seamed on the diagonal *pats himself on the back* and it looks quite wonderful. Again last evening I went over to friends and we ate outside, cherishing these late summer days.
Celine Dion is this friday. yay. I have liked her since she was a young teen who appeared on a talk show singing 'Where Does My Heart Beat Now'. The voice that came out of this woman even back then is one of the wonders of God. It was a live performance and I have a link for you. Please take three minutes out of your busy day and relish in it. There is a lot of cruelty and sh*t out there but also a lot of beauty. Let's all mimick the latter. Have a great day. I am off to the pet store to see what size muzzles they sell.